Saturday 14 January 2012

LA DAYS


LA for a week. The perfect lonesome vacation. I really like going on holiday by myself, where I can do exactly what I want and get lost in my own thoughts and routines. 

1.
 Packing - it was 80 degrees, which meant some serious digging through my wardrobe.
2.
The Hollywood sign from the verandah at Target (guilty)
3. 
CALIFORNNNNNYAAAAA
4. 
I fulfilled a lifelong dream to stay at the Chateau Marmont and will probably be paying for that hotel bill for a lifetime too. 
5. 
Summer feet in winter. My favourite sandals - a simple See by Chloe pair. 
6. 
Chateau martini 
7.
  ...and hotel slippers
8. 
On my wombles I found the Jim Henson company headquarters with Kermit there welcoming you.
9 & 10. 
Thrift store purchases - a dress suit and Thierry Mugler vintage heels
11. 
Sign on a lamppost 
12. 
The world's biggest pancakes. They were the size of LPs. I was stumped. 
13 & 14 
Also finally got to try In N Out burger. Verdict: burger great, fries horrible. 
15. 
Judy Garland's eyes, as photographed and distorted by Weegee a celebrity photographer of the 1950s. They had an exhibition of his work at MOCA in downtown LA. 
16 & 17 
Laker's game. Great fun. 
18. 
And Jack Nicholson was there, that's him, honest. 
19. 
Random C in a tree. 
20. 
Final hotel breakfast. Sob.
21. 
Trying out my duty free purchase
22. 
A quote fit for a holiday in LA
23. 
I came with one bag ( the top one) and left with two. So it was a shopping success. I always travel with a packable roll bag. 
24. 
Parting shot of the Chateau Marmont.




All photos taken with Instagram 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...