Thursday 3 February 2011

Barneys & Me


It's a bottom half Barneys clean sweep (well, apart from the socks) today thanks to the weekend in New York. Despite the snow I did some shopping, and as it was Barneys, quite a lot of window shopping too (Alaia dresses for $4,000 a pop, amazing Celine leather trimmed dresses, sigh). 

These boots were in the Barneys sale - I think they're practical, others may have snorted at such a suggestion, but knowing the type of designer shoe I often buy (sky high, impossible to walk in) these qualify as pretty normal for me. The bling is totally OTT, but I love walking around as a human disco ball. 



And thanks to Barneys Coop I am now a total convert to J Brand. I previously pooh poohed them, partly because everyone and their Aunty were wearing Houlihans last year and partly because at £245 on Net a Porter it's quite a lot of cash to part with for trousers. These cost about £100 less in the US than they do here in the UK, they're the new motorcycle style and they are amazing. The cotton twill is soft, luxurious and fabulously comfy, and the fit is great. I am already book marking which pair to get next. 




Hoodie  - River Island 
T shirt - Christopher Kane
Trousers - J Brand 
Socks - Topshop
Boots - Giuseppe Zanotti

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...