Friday 27 August 2010

Spot The Fake


I would never buy a fake from a street stall or market (or kid myself into thinking I'd bought a genuine LV handbag on eBay for £40), but when I see obvious fakes in charity shops I sometimes can't help but buy them. 

One of my dream expectations in life is to one day find a Birkin in a charity shop (I can remember reading a piece back in the 90's on a society wife in US Vogue who found two, yes TWO for $80 each in a thrift store, which is more than a bit unfair, a) because she found two and b) because she was married to a billionaire. 

Well, I have yet to find a Birkin - but I did find this fake Hermes Constance - that could in now way be confused with the real deal, but hey, and then last week at a village fete I picked up this fake Chanel for £1. 




Top - American Apparel 
Trousers - ASOS
Ballet Pumps - Bloch


Fake Chanel bag (top) - Village Fete 
Fake Hermes bag (bottom) - Charity shop in Newcastle

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...