Friday 21 May 2010

Hats off to the V&A

I went to the V&A the other day with my Mum for a talk about Fine Cell Work - a charity that works with inmates to give them a new skill (needlework) that they can do during lock down and make money to support themselves and their family. Check them out - you can buy products 'off the shelf' made to a certain pattern or they take commissions. 


Anyway, as ever I managed to turn a cultural experience into an opportunity to shop...well, the V&A shop is pretty damn gorgeous and I defy anyone to not see something in there that takes their fancy. My Mum bought lots of quilt related goodies and I went for homewares (retro tea towels - how domesticated am I?) 


There was one thing I didn't buy, that I am now regretting. I fell in love with this hat. I can see it being a summer staple and great for a pale English rose (cough, ahem) like myself.  I just love the trompe l'oeil detail, which I think gives it just enough wit for people to realise that you are not a total fashion ponce swanning around and pretending to be old Hollywood glamour. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...