Monday 8 November 2010

Broadland Crested Velvet Slippers


A little while ago I wrote about my epic quest for the perfect velvet slipper. I am sure you were gripped. A day or two later Susie Bubble then posted about her search and ultimate score on the velvet slipper front - a pair so wonderous they made me realise exactly why she is a world wide style icon, and I'm, well, me.  

However, this incident did not put me off, I kept on looking and eventually found velvet slippers of sufficent poshness for my taste made by a company called Broadland Slippers. They do plain slippers for £90, monogrammed for £190 and crested for £230. I now WANT, nay, NEED crested slippers with my college crest on them. How awesome would that be?


Picture from Broadland Slippers


Image - Newnham College, Cambridge

This is my college crest - it would look super nice, non? And then I could order them in navy velvet with mustard quilted lining to match the college colours (below). I do like a bit of college branding...at University I even rowed for one term purely so that I could put in an order for boat club gear (they told me I couldn't order a splash vest unless I signed up, I did, I think they were shocked at the lengths I would go to for clothes - 6am starts, running, actual sweating etc). 


Finally, my college...pretty. Ahhh. 

1 comment:

philippa said...

"at University I even rowed for one term purely so that I could put in an order for boat club gear (they told me I couldn't order a splash vest unless I signed up, I did, I think they were shocked at the lengths I would go to for clothes - 6am starts, running, actual sweating etc). "

Laughing so hard right now... thanks, needed that!

Px

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...