Saturday 16 January 2010

How to walk in high heels...





The best thing to happen in weeks, literally weeks, is the end of the great freeze (albeit briefly I am told). This means two things: 1) I can go out without a scarf, gloves, hat and ear warmers which means leaving or entering a building no longer takes 20 minutes and 2) normal shoes are back on the agenda! I don't have to worry about slipping on ice or my feet falling off due to extreme cold. In the recent cold snap it's been Uggs (I know they're not trendy, but oh heck they're warm) or big boots with at least two pairs of thermal socks.

One of my resolutions for this year was to wear more of my shoes more often - especially my heels. I am a flats girl at heart, and like nothing more than slouching around town in pirate boots. But I'm going to start training myself for height with Vivienne Westwood strapped boots because the heel on them is do-able, but one day soon I will conquer the Charlotte Olympia platforms outside...if only to hop into a cab after 15 seconds.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...