Monday 12 October 2009

Fantasy Shopping

I had to take it easy on Saturday because I was running the Royal Parks half marathon the next day. I started with a four hour Import and Export course, which was very informative. I think it's going to give me the confidence to start my own buisness. The whole idea of importing before got me up in a cold sweat, but having someone explain the ins and outs makes everything so much clearer.


After the course I went to Liberty's, which had a 20% off day for card members. But try as I might I couldn't bring myself to spend. Perhaps it was the thought of running for charity the next day that made me queasy, or the prospect of actually starting a business that made me money shy. Or maybe it was just that the only thing I truly took a shine to was an Hermes scarf that cost £668! It was a work of art. But even I cannot bring myself to spend close to £700 on art. So it stayed in Liberty's despite the sales woman's best attempt to reason as to why it was a steal.


I went to River Island instead and bought tights. Ha!


Edit: 9 months down the line and turning down the opportunity to own that scarf was one I regret. I haven't bought a scarf since, because as Prince would say, "Nothing compares 2 u". 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...