Wednesday 25 May 2011

FRIDA KAHLO T SHIRT

I went to an all girls comp school in Lewisham, where we were very lucky to have an incredibly charismatic and enthusiastic art teacher who I will remember forever. Her passion for her subject made art a school favourite because you got to do all sorts of cool things like design your perfect bedroom out of the Ikea catalogue or run across the floor with paint on your feet. 

The best thing about this art teacher however, was when she took the school assembly and kept 500 girls from South East London quiet for 15 minutes, with tales ranging from her family life to the inspiring lives of female artists. Finding out about the complex, creative figure that was Frida Kahlo was a watershed moment for me at the age of 14 or 15, and then when someone told me that Madonna was her biggest collector I was totally sold (this was back when Madonna was still totally ace, rather than alright). 

I was totally sold again,a few weeks ago, when I saw this t shirt from a small range of different prints all featuring Frida. Teenage fan-girl meets her idol. Cher-ching.








T shirt - Zara
Belt & Trousers - Zara
Shoes - Marni 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...