Monday 16 May 2011

TABIO BLOGGER EVENT


I was lucky enough to be invited to the Tabio bloggers event last Thursday. 

If you are not familiar with Tabio, it's a Japanese sock shop, selling a wonderful array of socks, tights, leggings and 'foot accessories' in sorts of colours and finishes you would never find in Marks & Spencer. They may be a bit pricer than you average pair of socks, but they are great quality, so in this case you get what you pay for. 

Despite living a stones throw from the Covent Garden branch, I was first introduced to the brand when my friend (who was an early adopter & devotee) bought me a pair for a gift (thanks Meg). These days Tabio is my first port of call if I'm looking for a special pair of socks to peep out of a pair of boots or fill in that gap between 7/8 trousers and brogues. I love the brightly pattered ones, but I can also highly recommend the floral and cherry ankle numbers that have a rolled hem - perfect for preventing ugly 'sock marks' on your skin by the end of the day. 












Us lucky old bloggers were allowed to take home a pair for free and also received a free gift packaged in this beautiful Japanese fabric wrap. We also got 20% off the rest of the shop. I'm kicking myself I didn't pick up some running socks, but I am pleased that I finally found the perfect pair of simple green socks I've been searching for for months. 



My new Tabio socks...outfit posts to follow!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...