Thursday 30 September 2010

The Joy Of Thrift

This skirt epitomises what I love about charity shopping - that you not only find crazy stuff, but crazy cheap stuff. This skirt is clearly homemade and fashioned out of a very heavy fabric that is probably for curtains, not dressmaking. At $25 there was no way I'd usually buy a skirt this loud, but for $1 on sale I had to have it, if only to experiment with for a little while. Not sure about wearing it out...instead thinking cushion covers would be more appropriate because there's a hell of lot of fabric...my Mum reckons I could cover a sofa.







Top - American Apparel 
Skirt - Housing Works Thrift Store
Belt - Oscar by Oscar De La Renta from Centry 21 
Shoes - Christian Louboutin

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...