Tuesday 14 September 2010

Thank-you Office for bringing Jeffrey Campbell to the UK

Jeffrey Campbell shoes have been appearing on U.S. blogger's feet with increasing regularity. They first came to my attention last year with a rather good 'tribute' of the Acne Atacoma wedge and some Ann Demeulemeester tie front boots, both of which sold on eBay for prices nudging towards the cost of the real deal. Since then, however, the styles have become less blatant rip offs and more fashion clumpy in general. Never one to turn down the opportunity to own clumpy shoes, I wanted some, badly. But as they were only stocked on US sites you were looking at almost 50% of the cost of the shoe just to ship it here. As Destiny's Child would tell you to say, "No, no, no, no, no". 



So when I went into Office recently I was surprised to see a limited range of Jeffrey Campbell shoes for me to see in the flesh. I fell in love with these shoes - so clumpy they remind me of Kate Moss's Vivienne Westwood elevated platforms, but with the great linear detailing that makes them feel like school shoes - almost sensible. And true enough, like the bloggers say, they do come up big, so I went home with a pair of size 5s. 




T-Shirt - Topshop
Trousers with belt - Zara
Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell from Office

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...