Friday 23 July 2010

From Books to Bargains - Charing Cross Road T.K.Maxx

I first discovered T.K.Maxx in 2002 after a friend raved about it. It soon became obvious that in shopping terms it was a near perfect fit for me - a shop designed to reward the rummager (a skill I have honed through a lifetime of charity shopping), heavily discounted designer goods and pieces that because of the nature of the stock, are less likely to end up on the back of every man, woman or child in town - how could I not love it?


For years I have wished for there to be a West End outlet. I have had to sate my appetite with trips to Hammersmith, Croydon, Lewisham, Newcastle and recently the High Street Ken branch (but I'm not really a Kensington girl, so it's my least visited one). Last month when I heard T.K.Maxx was opening on Charing Cross road I was beside myself, and of course I had to christen it on launch day yesterday. 


Like the High Street Ken outlet there is an emphasis on clothes and accessories (but there is no homeware department - sob) with a number of premium brands floating about from Blumarine, Stella McCartney, Pucci & Missoni to name but a few. However, it still ain't cheap - with these pieces you are still looking at price tags ranging from £200 to £500. So I had a hunt around the rest of the stock and came across a lovely little skirt from an unknown French brand for under £20 and promptly raced home to try it on. 







Jacket - Calvin Klein (from super discount rail at Filene's Basement in NY)
T-Shirt - American Apparel 
Skirt - Deby Debo 
Shoes - NW3 by Hobbs 

1 comment:

Sarah Whitney said...

LOVE that skirt! The detailing on it is so unique!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...