Saturday 24 July 2010

Party Time



My Grandad worked for Kodak pretty much his whole life so cameras and taking pictures were always part of family life. Growing up we would often put a sheet up in my Grandparent's living room and watch slide shows of all his photos (he liked to shoot slides) and we have thousands of them from from the late 40's until the mid 80's. 


Over the last few years my Dad has been scanning them all in, from trips to The Ivy with Kodak in the 1960's to proper British beach holidays. They are an amazing archive of images of average family life in Britain. 


I love this one - my Dad (in the brown suit) with his girlfriend at the time (in the black and white dress) playing a party game in the late 1960's with friends. 


Photo - by my Grandad 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...